Moscow and St.Petersburg
UP TO 30 DAYS
Make a journey from the capital to the countryside, where golden spires and the onion shaped domes of colourful monasteries dot the horizon, explore the historic and enchanting towns:
- Sergiev Posad which is closely linked with the UNESCO-protected Troitse-Sergieva Lavra,
- Pereslavl-Zalesskiy – the birthplace of a celebrated Russian hero, prince and saint Aleksandr Nevsky.
- Rostov Velikiy mentioned in chronicles in 862,
- Yaroslavl – the unofficial capital of the Golden Ring and a UNESCO World Heritage Site,
- Kostroma that is believed to have been founded by Grand
- Prince Yury Dolgoruky in the 12th century. The city is most famous for its Ipatievsky Monastery which has links with the Romanov Dynasty,
- Ivanovo being known as Bride City and Russian Manchester,
- Suzdal with the open-air museum of Russian old buildings that have been preserved because of the lack of industrialisation.
- Vladimir – the former capital of mediaeval Russia where its Golden Gates, St Demetrius’ Cathedral and the Dormition Cathedral are UNESCO protected and masterpieces of ancient Russian architecture.